Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Do soft shoes help your feet from callousing (sorry if that's not a word) during Irish Dancing?

I just started beginner%26#039;s lessons last night. My feet are killing me where I have callouses on my toes and the balls of my feet. Yikes! Will buying the shoes help? Also: if I am a US women%26#039;s 10, what%26#039;s my UK/Irish size??

Do soft shoes help your feet from callousing (sorry if that%26#039;s not a word) during Irish Dancing?
shoes are way better than bare fett or just socked feet i must say





also an at home pedicure can do wonders








starting off dancing your gonna wreck your feet up quite a feet





after a while you%26#039;ll most likely develop dancers feet [that what me and my friends call it] its basically when your foot looks kinda jacked up but it at least wont hurt anymore...the padding on your feet though is going to get pretty rough and that wont go away until you stop dancing completly





but i def. would say to get the shoes





also talk to your dance instructor they can help you find your perfect fit of a shoe





oh and honestly dont waste money on a doctor


i did that and it really didnt help





hope i helped
Reply:Your size would be a 40 or maybe a 41. I wear a 7 and a half or a 37 or 38 depending on the shoes. Shoe brands vary in sizing.





This is a difficult call if you already had callouses. I suggest you consult a foot doctor to resolve the callous problem before you do a lot of dancing. Dance catalogs have various things to protect your feet to prevent callouses, but if you already have them, I think, you should go to the foot doctor first. Do this soon. You don%26#039;t want to damage your feet more and have problems as you get old. Dancing will cause you feet to develop hard callouses and get blisters is this isn%26#039;t resolved. Sorry , honey, but you need a doctor before you continue dancing. Hopefully, he can help you.



poems

No comments:

Post a Comment